Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 1... 29 to go!

Strawberry Salad, Minestrone Soup and remnants from my date night Choco-Chestnut Pudding!


After crashing out from a wine and Southern Fried Pork Chop induced food coma lastnight, I woke up several times throughout the night thinking, "Is it time to get up and do my workout??" I shot out of bed by 8am and got on the scale. 176.6 pounds. Holy shit. That's 10 pounds more than my heaviest documented weight!! There's never been a better time than now to get my TAM on...

SO...I started making my meals for the day as soon as I recovered from scale shock.

Strawberry & Mint salad tasted great, although JP's french toast with bacon AND strawberry & mint salad looked more delish. Call me a glutton for punishment, but yes, I still made my man a big breakfast! I left the room when he started eating the bacon. ( ;

My workout felt like it took forever-- technically, it did. 2 hours is FOREVER!!! I started with dance cardio to try to get my heart (and motivation) going -- the whole no caffeine thing is hitting me hard! I got through both Bootcamp cardio versions (20 min. total) and 25 min. of Dance Cardio 2 for a total of 45 minutes cardio. I wasn't sweating like crazy--- so I'm going to have to amp up the energy and the heat tomorrow. My little space heater worked, but there wasn't a huge difference that I noticed.

After a shower and a few bites of my delish choco-chestnut pudding, I fell asleep with the dogs for about an hour. Tracy describes the "flu feeling" when your muscle fibers are activated and that's how I've felt since working out this afternoon...an all-over tired.

For dinner, I made trout since Publix didn't have cod...my only other change to the menu was adding some peppers and a couple olives to the dish for some flavor-- even JP loved it, despite the "healthy" recipe...I also gave the man some of the pudding and he nearly licked his saucer! (See pic above)

I am so relieved to be done with Day 1! Here's the workout breakdown:

Day 1 Bootcamp MS
25 minutes Dance Cardio 2
20 minutes Bootcamp Cardio

Now, finishing up some work and putting a turkey in the oven to roast for my meals tomorrow....Both breakfast and dinner call for turkey. I'm going to bed early so I can be ready for an early workout in the morning!

xxoo




6 comments:

  1. Yay! Don't be discouraged my highest weight on record was around 175 and now I'm under 130 :) You're doing awesome and not gonna lie I'm a little jealous you get to eat fish! <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl...I am 5'11" and can hide the weight well since I'm so tall, but I feel like I'm walking around in someone else's body when I'm this heavy! I just need to believe in the Method and keep on going! Now that Day 1 is done, each day will get easier...I hope! Thanks so much for reading, it means a lot! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up! Big Lots has space heaters for 20 dollars that work pretty well. I crank up my house heat and use the heaters as I am psychotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki- great suggestion! I will check out Big Lots...the one I got from Home Depot works pretty well, but it's so tiny that it doesn't seem to heat up the room very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im having touble finding the exact DVD's that you used for your 30 day progarm would you be able to list links for them. I have the tracy anderson hipcentric program, but would like some various DVDs from her to do the cardio portion instead of the one she gave with the program. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desiree-- Here's a link to the Bootcamp book.
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446562041/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=mistofthemeth-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0446562041

      Also-- If you go to my "Material Girl" page, you can see all the other Tracy Anderson DVD's.

      xxoo

      Delete