Friday, December 16, 2011

no scale, no worries....

I decided to stop getting on the scale every morning. It was giving me some major anxiety. The good news is, I feel like I've adopted a much better attitude about the whole weight loss/get in shape mantra. I have been so fixated on the numbers and the weight, that I think it's bad for my head and (my ass!) Reading Bethenny Frankel's book has re-enlightened my view that listening to your body is the most important (and most missed) part of most diet plans. Fixating on what you CAN'T eat, SHOULDN'T eat, and NEED to eat, just automatically sabotages the best intentions. I remember at my fittest, thinnest and most TAM fabulous, I was just eating what I craved in regular (unpiggy) portions-- and letting my workouts actually, well, WORK. The method works if you work it. I have been proof of that. I will get on the scale again, but not for a few days. I think I'm getting smaller everywhere (and tighter). Cardio every day-- no MS yesterday or today, but back tomorrow. I realize I'm not going to make excuses for not working out-- I'm too committed to the program now, to just simply NOT workout like I did all summer. Now, I'm going to re-focus on how it makes me feel (still LOVE DC '08!) and the body will follow!

WHOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment