Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Hi Lovelies!

It's been, what----  a year and some change since I've written on this little old blog of mine?

If you don't follow me on Facebook, you may not know that I started a foodie blog, called "What's on Parker's Plate?" which chronicles my journey through delish.  I finally got my ass in gear, (and in shape, by the way, haaaaaaaay!!) and committed to making a name for myself in the food blogosphere.  I also now host a cooking segment on CBS Atlanta which has been fabulous and has taught me so much about not taking huge bites of food on camera translating good food to even better TV.

Last we chatted, I was lamenting a terrible car accident and the resulting injury, which rendered me unable to workout for about 6 months.  I was forced to figure out another solution to lose the 40 pounds that were creating a very unhappy, very puffy Mistress.

Enter a Low-Carb Ketogenic style of eating.  Hello Bacon!  Sayonara quinoa and green smoothies!  (Sorry, Kimberly Snyder, but if I had to choke down another Glowing Green slime ball smoothie I'd barf all over your yoga mat.)  No, this is not a prescription to clog your arteries...it's basically forcing your body to use fat for fuel instead of carbs. Here are some myths debunked about the low-carb/high fat (LCHF) style of eating on Mark's Daily Apple-- it's a great read.  Does this mean I'll never eat another banana?  Of course not!  But it does mean that I've swapped out Cheezits for fresh mozzarella and instead of filling my gullet with sugary, carby junk, I opt for a whole avocado sprinkled with sea salt.

I've been able to maintain my weight loss with very little exercise-- but rather than get all skinny fat, I figure it's time to get my butt toned. In the past, as documented by my fitness journey 2 years ago, Tracy Anderson's Bootcamp works wonders for me.  This time around, I'm not actually trying to lose weight!  I actually had to re-read that.  I'm not actually trying to lose weight!!!!

I'm currently 5'11 and 144 pounds.  I just want to tighten and tone!  Here's a visual of my journey from my all-time highest weight of 189.

My year long weight loss journey: 189 to 144 pounds
I will do another photo shoot at the end of the 30 days!

As far as diet, a typical day for me is this:

Breakfast: Espresso with heavy cream, 1 avocado
Lunch: 8 oz ground chicken with caramelized onion (seasoned with homemade taco seasoning)
Snack: Handful of olives and fresh mozzarella or chunk of parmesan, another espresso with cream
Dinner: 8oz salmon (or other protein- beef, chicken, seafood) with roasted broccoli
Snack: Chocolate Bomb (coconut oil with cocoa powder, truvia and vanilla) *will post recipe this week

I will track my food intake each day-- I'm curious to see if the workouts really amp up my hunger.  I've all but given up my beloved red wine because it's super inflammatory for me, but I do indulge in a vodka/soda water with splash of grapefruit juice and a fresh lime cocktail a few times a week.)  I don't monitor calories, just carb counts-- usually trying to stay under 25 grams of carbs a day.

OK, so yesterday was supposed to be Day 1 and I had an epic fail!  We are still unpacking, and I couldn't find my Bootcamp book and couldn't download the PDF file on my phone.  UGH.  So, I will make sure I'm prepped and ready to go for a great workout this evening when I get home.  Preparation is everything.

I'm rocking out a whopping 15 minutes of cardio-- whoo hoo!  And 20 reps to start....adding in 5 reps a day up to 40 and then adding ankle weights. I don't have time for 3 1/2 hour workouts this go-round!

Good luck with your workouts, lovelies!

Love,

The Mistress
xxoo






4 comments:

  1. Hey there Parker!!! WTG with the weight loss, you look amazing!!! It's great to hear that your knee is on the mend. I really missed your posts, I love your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear! Happy to be back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to be reading this blog again. I have a year of continuity all waiting for me to do and have bootcamp too. Haven't purchased any newer TA since what I have is just fine. Great weight loss and maintenance. Yay! ~Deb Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G. I can't believe I just found you. I just started the keto diet and have been doing Tracy for almost 4 years. I'm so excited to watch your progress and see what you've been eating. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete