Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 10: Fighting through the Sick

I never get sick.  Like, NEVER get sick. The only thing that has ever kept me from working out in the past (besides sheer laziness) was a bad injury-- like a broken foot or a shattered knee.

This week, I've been derailed by a terrible ear infection that sent me to the doctor for antibiotics.  I hate taking medicine-- and antibiotics always make my weight jump up a bit which is frustrating.  I'm not sweating a couple pounds of gain, I'm just trying to focus on feeling better.  Lastnight, despite feeling awful, I powered through 30 reps on the mat.  No cardio-- but no dinner either so I feel like they balanced each other out!

Bonnie and Clyde, my lovable pits, were my  nursemaids!  Here's Clyde lying on my chest, in-between ear licks.

Puppy Love Prescription
So, I will be moving on to Sequence 2 today-- probably won't attempt cardio until tomorrow when it doesn't hurt to jump up and down.  Ear bulb hurts!!!

Didn't track my food the last couple days while I've been sick, but will get back to it today...

Happy (and healthy) workouts!

Love,

The Mistress
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment