Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 4: Cheater Under the Full Moon

I cheated!!! Damnit, I caved and cheated.

No, it wasn't a donut or a brownie or a slice of pizza.

It was a serial killer documentary.

I know, I know, I just PROMISED y'all yesterday that I wouldn't watch any more true crime shows so I could focus on my Mind-Body Connection.  mmmmhhhhhmmmmmm.

Let me talk myself into a lather of excuses...

I blame the full moon.  It turned me into a Monster Bee-atch.



I got so grouchy after work and couldn't get warm and I was pacing around, procrastinating, thinking about every reason why I should skip the workout.  I begrudgingly put on my gear, plus a scarf and hat and started bootcamp dance cardio.  I reasoned, atleast it will help warm me up.

Then, I forced myself to do something else.  Smile.




From what I understand, smiling actually gives us the same happiness that exercise induces in terms of how our brain responds.  Our brain feels good and it tells us to smile-- we smile and tell our brain it feels good.

So, why not combine the exercise and smiling and get rid of the inner Bee-atch???

It worked.  Until I had to get on the mat.

Motivation disappeared again until I decided the ONLY way to get through 25 reps was with a crime story in the background.  Honestly.  I didn't seem do-able until I got my fix.  Yup.  I'm addicted.

So, instead of suffering through withdrawal from crime shows, I fed my addiction with a horrible story about a serial killer couple from Britain.  Lovely.

I wasn't sore during the day, but as soon as those legs started lifting, it burned like HELL.  Like, this was pretty much my expression:


Uh, yeah, while we're talking about killers.  That's one of my all-time favorites-- Tracie Andrews AKA the Road Rage Killer.  

So, let's all try to kill it today.  Our workouts, that is!

Food was tracked at about 1650 calories yesterday-- I had like 41 pieces (OK, 6 pieces) of bacon with a steak salad from Ted's Montana Grill, an avocado and some mozzarella.  I actually skipped dinner because I was so full.  Didn't weigh cuz I was up at the ass crack of dawn to go to the DMV.

Here's the best part of the DMV ordeal-- actually weighing (as of yesterday) what's documented on my license!!!



Whoohoo!!!!

Workout:
20 minutes Bootcamp Dance Cardio
25 reps Sequence 1

Happy Leg lifts, Lovelies!

Love,

The Mistress
xxoo


1 comment:

  1. Hey Parker!

    I really enjoy your blog :) I've been following since before you went low carb. I want to try it myself but it's hard because I'm vegetarian. Any tips?
    Also, if you don't mind sharing, how many calories do you have a day, on average?

    ReplyDelete