Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 3: Mind-Body Connection


One of the things Tracy Anderson has always emphasized is the importance of the Mind-Body connection. The "tah-dah" moment as she calls it, when you are visualizing and connecting with your movements and extending your energy in each rotation.

I'm a huge believer in the old adage from Buddha, “What we think, we become.”  It's why I take a moment before going to sleep and before getting out of bed in the morning, to meditate quietly, visualizing the day ahead and the outcomes I hope for.  Mind-Body connection.



Watching 48 Hours while doing mat work lastnight, was NOT promoting the Mind-Body connection.

My girl Jen, always gets on my case for watching TV shows while I'm working out.  For me, it just helps get the workout over because I'm not focusing on the workout.  Therein lies the problem.  I'm not focusing on the workout.

Instead, lastnight, I was focusing on a Pastor who murdered 2 of his wives, one of which in a car accident where he claimed a deer caused the car to crash, killing her.  Well, Mistress of Mayhem, ended up waking up from a nightmare where there were dozens of deer dying in the middle of the road that I was driving on. Mind-Body connection, indeed.

WTF???!!!

JP is always on my case to stop watching true crime stories-- I swear, I was a CSI in a former life!  I'm obsessed.  Maybe it's my former career as a general assignment TV reporter, covering all the fire/murder/baby killer stories.  Whatever it is, it's not exactly promoting my Mind-Body Connection-- or good night sleeps, for that matter.



SOOOOO, I'm saying this to be accountable:  I'm cutting myself off from all true crime stories during this 30 day bootcamp.  Period.  NONE.  No Dateline, no 48 hours, no Killer Couples or Serial Killer Central.  Instead, I'm going to try to listen to music while I workout--- and watch/listen to some inspiring material when I'd otherwise be knee deep in a crime rampage.  Dealio?

Here is the workout/food log from yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 avocado
Lunch: 1 cup chicken salad, 3 pieces of shaved roast beef, small side salad with 2 Tb blue cheese dressing
Snack: 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
Dinner: Leftover steak and peppers

I'm going to start posting a screen shot from MyFitnessPal.  I came out rather low on the calorie side-- only 1127 calories, but my carbs were higher than I normally have at 33 grams-- I usually try to keep them <20 grams.



Workout: 20 minutes of Tracy's Daily Motion Dance Cardio
20 reps of BC Sequence 1
Weight: 144.8

Have a great workout, lovelies!

Love,

The Mistress
xxoo




2 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed that episode, it sounded good! I was watching Criminal Minds last night, so I'm in that boat too. I can't swear them off and you are a stronger woman than I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D-- I have a serious problem. True Crime obsession. I think I've already watched every single episode of Criminal Minds, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete