Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 7: One Week In….

Hard to believe it's already been a week of bootcamp.

To be honest, I don't feel like I'm getting a ton of results.  This is my 3rd time committing to TAM bootcamp and this time around it feels a little, dare I say….Boring.

Been there done that, kinda boring.

I'm not bored of the Method, just the monotony of bootcamp.  Meh.

Don't worry, I'm going to stick it out!

To add a little fun to the mix, there might have been some vodka drinking going on during the workout this weekend.  Just sayin'.  Might have been some drunky-cardio….

My diet over the long weekend was not awesome.  I avoided the open jar of Nutella that JP so conveniently had sitting by the side of the bed….but there was a whole lotta cheese and bacon goin' on.    A little too much cheese and bacon going on!!!  I usually reserve my bacon consumption for the weekend, but since getting treated to a virtual arsenal of bacon products by Burgers' Smokehouse to review on my foodie blog, I indulged a bit.

Arsenal of Bacon and Cured Meat Delish


A lot of you have asked on Facebook about my diet-- and proportions.  Best calculator for how many calories you need to lose/maintain is Keto Calculator.  Here's what my stats look like:

Stats: 5'11 and 144 pounds

One of the awesome parts of the low-carb high fat (LCHF) lifestyle is that you don't really need to count calories-- I just pay attention to carbs.  As far as ratio-- it should be about 70% fat 20-25% protein and 5-10% carbs.

This was yesterday's chart:


I was a little high on protein, little low on carbs, but this is close to a typical day for me.  I need to up my veggie consumption and go a bit easier on the cheese.  My all-time favorite snack is a mix of mini mozzarella balls (boccacini) stuffed olives, sweet/spicy cherry peppers and marinated mushrooms.  The gourmet Kroger near our new house has an antipasto bar with all of the goods-- but it's pricey.


Mozzarella, olives, mushrooms and sweet cherry peppers


I took a rest day this weekend, but otherwise have worked up to 30 reps and 25 min cardio.  I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so taking it easy on cardio today.  REALLY hope I'm not coming down with something!!

Menu Today:

Breakfast: Espresso with heavy cream and 1/2 avocado
Snack: Fresh made pork rinds at the Farmer's Market (!!!!)
Lunch: 2 chicken thighs in a tomato based sauce (Chicken Paprikash)
Snack: 3 oz fresh Mozzarella
Dinner: Herb encrusted sea bass with roasted broccoli

Love y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment