Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 2: Fat Head Girl

Gasp, wheeze, expletive , gasp.....

Um, yeah.

That was me after 3 minutes of Boot camp dance cardio lastnight.  Just goes to show, thin does not equal in shape.  It's been a while, uh, OK, 2 months, since I've done any form of real exercise.  (Walking the dogs does not count.)

And, I've grown a bit lazy, since my diet has been the main method for me to lose weight and keep it off.  Doesn't leave a lot of room for motivation.

Here's the other ish I'm dealing with.  I realize that it takes a while for the mind to catch up with the body when there is a huge weight loss transformation.  There are times after a heavy dinner, for example, where I wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night and quickly check to see if my former fat self has returned.  It's irrational and ridiculous, but it still happens.  I call it the Fat Head complex and it's no bueno.
FAT HEAD!
When I'm suffering from Fat Head, I will beeline for the size 10's in my closet and put them on, thinking that they'll be tight.  And they're falling off, of course, because I wear a 4/6 now.  But I try them on anyway....just to make sure.

What IS that???

I think there's a place we come to in a weight loss journey, where we reach our number goal (mine was 145) and then it's like, "NOW WHAT???"  The struggle is over.  The wishing to be thin is over.  The goal has been met.  NOW WHAT???

The REAL head
So, it's time for new goals.  And that includes getting rid of the Size 10's in my closet because I don't ever plan on wearing that size again!  It also includes being kind and gentle to myself when struggling with Fat Head, but encouraging nasty ass Muffy and her ugly sister Gutty to get out of my head.  They've been evicted from my bod, so they're not allowed in my head!  (Muffy and Gutty, if you recall, are the hideous sister who took up residence on my Muffin Top and my Gut for years!)

As you can see from the pic during my first day of bootcamp, there is nary a Muffin Top nor a Gut to be found! ( :

Muffy and Gutty are Gone!
So, here are the food deets.  I was HUNGRY yesterday before I even did my workout, so I upped protein and fat a bit.  For lunch, I had my old standby-- it's super boring, but keeps me satisfied for hours. 8oz of ground chicken and onions sauteed in butter seasoned with homemade taco seasoning and topped with fresh cilantro.
Ground chicken with caramelized onions for lunch
I didn't have an avocado or cheese with me, so mid-afternoon I picked up a roasted chicken breast from Kroger.  For dinner, we had delish surf and turf of salmon, skirt steak and roasted peppers with fresh mozzarella. (Salmon not pictured).


I had a 6oz piece of salmon and probably just 4oz of steak. It filled me up quick!

Workout will be after work again today, but tomorrow I will try in earnest to get up at 5:30am to knock it out.

Happy workouts, lovelies!

2 comments: