Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mistress of Master Cleanse - Days 12 & 13

Remember that last post when I said that I wasn't exactly walking around feeling like a Greek Goddess with an enlightened soul and sunshine streaming out of my ass?    Well, yesterday, I felt like a Greek Goddess with an enlightened soul and sunshine streaming out of my ass!

I had an early morning OB-GYN appointment for a sonogram to check out the cyst that was discovered on my left ovary in October.  Back then, I didn't have health insurance and made an appointment anyway because I was in so much intense pain.  The doctor immediately spotted the cyst and explained that it was "complex"-- meaning it was filled with more than just fluid, and that judging from the size of it, I would most likely not only need surgery to remove it, they would have to take out my entire left ovary.

I had surgery to remove a large cyst back in 2001, so I'm familiar with the process-- it's not a serious procedure, but thinking about spending $15,000 out of pocket to remove my ovary was out of the realm of possibility.  I was job hunting and figured I would wait until I had benefits again to schedule surgery.

In the meantime, I consulted with a friend of mine, Dee Ragin, who is a wellness coach, fitness instructor and resident Diva of Holistic Solutions.  She suggested I cut out gluten to help eradicate the cyst.  It was the first time I heard that gluten may be related to the growth of ovarian cysts.  I had already been having issues with gluten giving me digestion issues, so it made sense to make the change.  I noticed a difference in the level of pain almost immediately-- and after a few months, I stopped having cyst pain altogether.

Fast forward to yesterday, I'm watching the sonogram and the technician points to the screen to show me my left ovary.  She literally had to look back at the paperwork to make sure she was looking at the correct ovary and then said, "Wow, Parker-- there's no sign of a cyst at all!"

The cyst is completely gone!  I credit the gluten free diet and this cleanse for getting rid of any trace of that big 'ol cyst.  I am over the moon, I'm so happy!

Guess I have being broke to thank for the fact that I didn't have that surgery--- I feel so incredibly lucky and beaming with health right now!  My fertility levels also came back completely normal, so according to the doctor, I shouldn't have any problems getting pregnant when JP and I start trying next year. ( ;

AND, that dreaded doctor's office scale showed an 18 pound weight loss since my last visit 2 months ago!  (I'm officially down 13 pounds since starting the Master Cleanse).

I posted this pic on Facebook yesterday-- I snapped it in the doctor's office bathroom in my favorite pink pants which were still snug after bootcamp and are now officially loose!



The other thing that has healed for me since starting the Master Cleanse is a chronic case of Athlete's Foot.  I suppose I have my sweaty dance cardio sessions to thank for that-- but an itchy, nasty rash has plagued me for nearly 3 months.  No amount of cream, spray or soaking has gotten rid of it.  Now that we're pushing 80 degrees in Atlanta, I was starting to get nervous about ever sporting open toed shoes again!  

When I was putting my shoes on yesterday, I realized that the entire rash on my feet is GONE.  No more itchy, bumpy, scabbing mess.  Athlete's Foot is officially cleared up!  It is truly amazing what this cleanse is doing for my body.

It's Day 13 today and I feel phenomenal!  I was shocked to come home last night and hear the news from JP that he wants to join me on the cleanse.  This is a 6 foot 3, 240 pound dude who tears into cereal, Nutella and popcorn an hour after he's had 3 helpings of my decadent meal du jour!  Feeding him is one of my greatest pleasures....

So, Mister Master Cleanse, as he shall now be known as, cracks me up.  We went to Whole Foods last night to get lemons, Grade B maple syrup and Smooth Move tea.  He looked into the food-free cart and was like, "Um, is this it?"  'Fraid so, honey!

Note to anyone starting this cleanse, Smooth Move Herbal tea works best, and we just tried the chocolate flavor--- it's da bomb, just sayin'.  I mean, it ain't a mocha with whipped cream, but the chocolate flavor comes through and you don't taste the bitterness of the senna in the tea as much.

This is JP's Bad Muthafucka Cup.  He drinks everything in it--- from protein shakes to Cabernet!  (And if you're wondering, that's a cup from the Dollar Store that he wrote on with a magic marker.  Oh yeah.  That's we roll!)  So, naturally, the BMF cup is what I put his salt water flush in.  You should have seen the expression on his face when he tasted it:  "This tastes like ocean water!  Parker, you could die from drinking that much salt water."

Yes, dear.  Now drink up like the Bad Muthafucka you are!


After his first bathroom trip, he officially named his cup the Bowel Movement Flush Cup.  I was on the floor cracking up!

We are currently lounging by our pool sipping spicy lemonade and listening to reggae.  Life is Officially GOOD.

It's more than GOOD.  It's pretty freakin' awesome.

xxoo


10 comments:

  1. Omigod Parker -- what is that in the lower center of the frame in the photo with you?!! Go back and look at it - so strange -- is that?? could that be?? sunshine? comin' outta your ass?! I do believe it is sister!
    I am over the moon thrilled for you about the cyst being gone. I absolutely love the miraculous nature of the body to heal itself if we give it what it needs - or in your case remove what it doesn't. You look truly like a goddess love. radiant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shan-- Whatdya know?! IT IS sunshine comin' outta my ass! Amazeballls! LOL!

      Thank you so much for your sweet words-- I am seriously feeling radiant goddess energy and I'm loving every minute. After this cleanse, the man and I head to CA for a vacae- -and then we'd like to add some of your juice recipes into our daily diet. They sound divine!

      xxoo

      Delete
  2. Your good news at the doc is truly wonderful, my dear! Mister Master Cleanse and his BMF crack me UP. And now I find out you not only have a workout room basement (w/ ceilings high enough for your 5'11" butt to rebound in!), but a pool as well. I want to be lounging by it with you, lady! (Because then we could laugh our asses off in person AND I'd have some time away from the kids! HA!) Thrilled for you, love! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would SO love to have you lounging out here with me, Jess! Thing is, we'd probably be throwing back some serious margaritas (cuz I make the best one this side of Texas) and we wouldn't be, um, cleansing responsibly! ( ; Forget my ghetto pool-- you're living in Hawaiian paradise, Mama! SOOOO jealous! xxoo

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous and WOW to getting rid of the cyst all by yourself. Thats absolute proof that the body can heal itself (maybe not with major damage, but still!). That was absolutely worth the "shit-uation" you had to go through, right?!
    Cheers to you and your success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina! I am seriously a happy girl knowing that I don't have to deal with that cyst anymore! The power of healing, eh? Now, if I can just keep myself from going back to my old ways of unhealthy eating!!!!

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! And congrats on the good news about that cyst being gone! You have inspired me....I am on day 2 of the cleanse...so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rachael! Keep me posted on your cleansing! I hope you're keeping a journal-- it helps so much to stay on track!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and JP. Can't wait to see you in June.
    Thanks for the mention. I've never been called a 'Diva'. :)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You are my hero, Dee! So excited to see you soon!

      Delete