Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mat Day 10: Valentine's Day Bonbons and an email from the Tracy Team

I didn't get a chance to do a Valentine's Day post yesterday, but I'm sure you'll find it in your hearts to forgive the Mistress when you find out WHY she was so busy....

My best friend from high school, Kelley, came to visit a few months back, and together, we came up with a novel concept for the now over-hyped, it's everywhere, including Starbucks, everyone's making them-- cake balls. My recipes, are, well....better than any of the cake pops/cake balls/cup cakes on a stick than I have tasted! (And I've tasted a lot in my, uh, research!)

Anyhoo, Daily Candy did a Valentine's Day feature on our newly launched company, Three Chicks and a Cow Bonbons-- (I'll still be keeping my day job until our bonbons can pay the bills....but check out the Daily Candy feature on the "three chicks and their heifer friend" -- their words, not mine! ( ;

I actually missed my workout yesterday because I ended up staying to cover a late story-- I didn't get home until almost 11pm and I literally fell into bed without even brushing my teeth.

I've been trying to get both mat and cardio in before work, but it doesn't always happen...(as I sit here blogging instead of dance cardio-ing). I was up at 5am to do my mat workout, though... The arm section is just killer-- an entire 15 minutes of the DVD is devoted to teeny tiny "ballet" arms. I think I cussed Tracy out the entire time!

Speaking of Tracy, I can't believe I forgot to share this!!!! On suggestion from a few of the girls on Facebook, I sent my bootcamp before and after pics to the Tracy Team. I got this email back from Laurie in Client Services:

Hello Parker,
You look amazing!! I'll be sure to pass this along to Tracy, she loves to hear from her home clients!
Keep up the great work!

I immediately started to play the convo in my head-- you know, the one where Tracy calls me to invite me to the Hamptons with her and Gwyneth for a girl's weekend? Yeah, that one. We'd probably hit the Hamptons studio for a private workout, do a little shopping, and then I'd cook them a Parker Fabulous meal that they would be talking about for days.....We'd have such a great time that we'd decide to make our Hamptons sojourn a tradition. Just me and Gwynnie and Trace. Ya know. My buds.

It could happen. Right??

Diet has been OK...I made the mistake of not having a snack with me yesterday-- I really need to stock up on Zone Bars and Think Thin Bars for these hunger emergencies....By the time I got to the late story, it was 8pm and I hadn't eaten since noon. NOT GOOD. I ended up noshing on some chicken fingers at the story location which wasn't ideal, but I stayed away from the bread and cheese, so points for that.

I'm also documenting all of my meals with My Fitness Pal which calculates your calorie intake vs. exercise calories burned. You put in your weight loss goals and it will give you a realistic expectation of when you'll get there. I'm on a "losing 2 pound per week" track.

I had hit a weight plateau for what's felt like forever, but I finally got under 165 to 164-- whoo hoo! Just 20 more pounds to go....I'll be doing more pics and measurements at the end of this weekend-- a 2 weeks post bootcamp status update.

Have a great day and smile while you're dancing!

xxoo

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Motivation for keeping up with the exercise when you are working so hard!

    And I cannot believe you got an email from the Tracy Team - good job! That is amazing, that Hampton's studio workout is not just a pipe dream any more for sure!

    Can't wait to see more results!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised that first sentence made no sense - end of day this side of the Atlantic - Good job for keeping up the workouts when you are working so hard.

      Delete
  2. Wow an Email from the Tracy Team! Great!!! Its all because of your hard work!! What about your new company - soooo exciting, isn't???
    keep it up, girl - you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @unpublished: I'm "pickin' up what you're layin' down!!" thanks girl!

    @Nina: a call from Tracy would be most appreciated. Then we can talk about our little girl's getaway weekend! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah!!! girls night out pajama party with tracy and gwenny - I would be sooooo jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete