Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 2 Mat: Balancing Act

Hello lovelies!

I am writing this from my iPhone, so forgive the brevity! Well, I am 2 days post bootcamp and I have been thrilled by the incredibly kind comments on Facebook and the posts here...I was initially disappointed by not having lost more weight-- but I think nearly 17 inches made all the difference! It's easy to get caught up with pounds-- not realizing that this Method is changing the actual structure of your body! I am beyond excited about my newfound "thigh space!"

So, some of you have asked about my next schedule of workouts, so here it is:

I am on Day 2 of Tracy's original mat DVD which is hard core! I forgot how intense the arm section is--- holy sore! Mistress of Muscle Aches!! That's how ya know it's working, right!

I will continue a combo of the mat DVD with cardio for the next 12 days (2 week total). That next day I will be starting "The Plan," an anti-inflammatory diet for two weeks. It calls for a 3 day detox with specific "no working out for 3 days". If you want to join me, let me know and I will email the diet to you. parkerwallacepr@gmail.com

Once the detox is done, I will begin the Perfect Design series in 10 day sequences-- one day off after each 10 day spread. Then, I will begin the Meta Omni journey!

Diet the last couple days has been good. It's a challenge to get everything cooked and packed for work...I am experimenting with slow cooker recipes that I can toss into the crockpot so I have a delish meal ready to pack in the morning before I leave. On today's menu: crockpot chicken that I combined with tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, a touch of honey, a bit of hot sauce, green olives, onions and chickpeas. Everything but the chicken sink, right? I will let y'all know how it turns out.

The balancing act of my new schedule now includes fitting in a very early morning workout, to the tune of 5:15am! But, as tough as it is to motivate at that hour, I feel so much better getting the workout done. I initially planned to split up cardio and mat for morning/evening but I find that I am so damn tired by the end of my day spent reporting at the State Capitol, that all I want to do is take a hot bath, nurse a glass of wine and crash out!

This morning, I tacked on 20 min of rebounder cardio to the 45 min mat workout, so I will need to rock out another 20-30 when I get home. It will definitely be worth it for me to get up 20-30 minutes earlier to save the hassle of a second workout in the evening. Oh yeah. 5:00 am here I come!

OK, that's all for now....

Have a great day and get your workouts in!

No comments:

Post a Comment