Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back on track (almost.)

If the pic on the right was me today, I would be ON track, bigtime! Not so much. That was 20-25 pounds thinner last year. OY VAY.

So, yesterday, after my abominable Large Pizza binge, (make that Large SUPREME Pizza binge), I tipped the scale at 169.8 lbs. I mean, why not just break 170, Parkster? Serious gluten-intervention was necessary. I ate a small bowl of gluten-free cereal with blueberries and almond milk, had lentil soup with a gluten-free roll and some chicken with rice and veggies lastnight. No workout, but it was a better day all around as far as food goes. OH- and a handful of chocolate covered espresso beans, which I'm beginning to think might be giving me bad gas. / :

This morning, scale was 166.8 lbs, a 3 pound weight loss, which leads me to believe that all that cheese and dough were the culprits. Today, I did the full 45 minute mat workout, although no cardio. (Walking the dogs doesn't count!) Since getting off the medication, I am hungrier in a compulsive way-- like, wanting to eat when I'm not hungry, so I have to keep that in check. I'm also way thirstier, which is probably my body's way of telling me that it needs to flush itself out. I must truly be detoxing because I slept until 10:30am this morning which is unheard of for me!!

Today's food was OK-- 2 gluten free rolls, some more lentil soup, some rice noodles with homemade pad thai sauce, watermelon and another handful of espresso beans (with more gas, thank you very much!)

With the prospect of getting back on TV, I am more motivated than ever to get myself back in fighting shape-- I simply have to drop 20 lbs. I'm convinced that the whole body-mind connection is essential with TA--- as much as I like watching TV when doing that mat video, I have been focusing on connecting-- even while Criminal Minds has me captivated!

The best thing is, each day it gets easier...

Here is my motivating pic of the week-- back when I was about 140-145 lbs and regularly doing both cardio and mat daily. My arms are beast! (AND, I'm holding cake on a stick--- oh, the irony!)



No comments:

Post a Comment