Sunday, November 11, 2012

Aloha! My Own Personal Hawaii Detox...

Greetings from Paradise!

I am currently enjoying the best vacae of my life in the most beautiful place I've been to on Earth....visiting with my 'sistah from anotha' mistah!'  My besty Jess is someone who started commenting on my blog months ago during my cleanse-- and since then we started texting daily-- sharing recipes, videos of her adorable kids and inducing fits of long distance giggles with snarky, sassy comments!  Fast forward to a few weeks ago, her incredible hubby decided that the perfect birthday gift for Jess was a round-trip ticket for ME to come visit her IN HAWAII-- when does that happen???

You should have seen us meeting at the airport for the first time when she came to come pick me up.  We were jumping up and down like school girls!  Her son summed it up when we finally got into the car:  "YAY FRIENDSHIP!"  Yay friendship, indeed!!

We have 9 incredible days to spend together and after 2 full days, I am soaking it all in-- from Jess' scrumptious smoothies (frozen blueberries, pear, banana, chia seeds, coconut water and spirulina) to some of the most gorgeous views on Earth of the Pacific.  Mistress of Mucho Vino here, hasn't even been boozing at all-- and I'm not even missing it.  We have been eating super healthy-- aside from one indulgence at a local joint called Maui Mike's-- see evidence of the carnage below....BEST dang rotisserie chicken I've ever had.

Carnage from Maui Mike's Rotisserie Chicken Platters

Jess has also introduced me to the most luscious coffee I've ever experienced....Dulce de leche meets Java....ooooooooohhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. She stirs sweetened condensed milk into coffee. I will never buy Irish creamer again.  Jess' coffee actually has fewer calories because you only need 1 tablespoon to turn regular Joe into "Te Quiero Jose, para siempre!"  (I love you Joe, forevah!!!)

Dulce de Leche DE DELISH
Our days have been so packed, we haven't even really thrown down in the kitchen yet--  so stay tuned for brilliant collaboration from two of the best cooks I know, LOL!

And in the midst of the funnest slumber party evah...(she's turned me on to American Horror Story-- we're both huge horror movie fans!) I have gotten a workout in every single day!  We took our yoga mats outside yesterday and did our Meta MS work-- then I rocked out Dance Cardio '08 and I'm feeling nice and sore this morning.

We're heading to the beach today so my white ass can begin transformation into a bronzed Goddess by the time I fly home and start my new job at CBS....



Love,

Mistress of Maui

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, you both look like glowing goddesses! So great that you're together at long last and are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a glowing goddess with all of Jessica's amazing smoothies!!!!! We are having a blast and I am enjoying every minute of paradise.
      xxoo

      Delete