Monday, October 29, 2012

Bubble of Bliss and Bodacious Stuff Going On...


Have you ever had a moment when every single thing in your life was going JUST according to plan?  I feel like I've been floating in a very delicate bubble of perfection and the second I start blabbing about it on the blog, the bubble will burst and my reality won't seem so fabulous.  That of course, is a ridiculous fear, because todo es bueno en el mundo de la mistress (everything is good in the Mistress' world, for all ya'll non-spanglish speakin' folks!)

It's SOOOO good, that I, of course, will now blab to all of you lovelies and brag on my life for a minute or two:

1. I'm starting a new job with CBS Atlanta

Quite unexpectedly, I was contacted by the TV station I worked at when I first came to Atlanta about an on-air opportunity...turns out, it's a great fit for me and I'm starting with them on 11/19!  It will be an incredible boost from my radio salary and I still have so many friends at the station that it feels like coming home....I'm psyched!

2. I'm shooting a cooking show pilot for Georgia Public Broadcasting

How many times does the head of your company ask you what your dream job is?  Well, that actually happened to me a few weeks back when I scheduled a meeting with the lady who runs the whole joint. I responded with, "Hosting my own cooking show."  Unbelievably, she suggested that I come up with a cooking show concept for GPB and run with it-- giving me all of the resources I need to make that happen.  Not only is this incredible lady (who shall remain nameless!) giving me the opportunity of a lifetime, but despite the fact that I'm leaving the radio side of GPB, she wants me to continue putting together the cooking show pilot. AND she also asked me to be a part of a new political round table show they're putting together.  AND I'll continue co-hosting the TV show Georgia Traveler. Count 'em....1, 2, 3, 4.  That's 4 TV gigs! I'm beside myself, I'm so ecstatic!

The cooking show concept I'm working on is a farm-to-table styled show where in each episode, I travel to several Georgia farms, meet with the farmers in the fields to talk about their harvest, collect the fresh "Georgia Grown" ingredients, and then cook up a bad ass meal in the farmhouse kitchen....I'm still working out the details of the format, but I'm planning to end each episode with me serving the meal to the farmers and their families who contributed the fresh ingredients.  It's a conservative, older audience who watches GPB, so I think that fits in well with the demographic, while also allowing me to interact with people and show my personality (and my majah culinary skills, of course!)  I personally hate watching cooking shows where it's just a chef cooking in a sterile kitchen.  I need other people's energy to vibe off of!

More details to come...Over the next month, I'm shooting a 3 minute sizzle reel to highlight the show concept!  SUPER excited....it's hard to believe I'm so close to achieving my cooking show dream!

3. I'm going to Hawaii to meet one of my favorite people in the world!

Yup.  The Mistress is Hawaii bound!  The 10 days before I start my new job at CBS, I'll be relaxing in the tropics, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  One of my besties in the online world, (we've never met in person) is someone I text back and forth with every single day...We share recipes, videos of her kids, you name it, we're discussing it...but due to the fact that, um, 4,500 miles separate us, we haven't exactly been able to grab coffee together. Her incredible husband surprised her by buying me a round trip ticket!  I am beyond thrilled!  We're going to do our TAM workouts, cook up a storm, drink some wine, hang with her kids and finally meet in person!

All of this came together in the span of a week.  No joke.  I feel like I'm about to sprout wings and fly!!!

I'm seriously pinching myself.  Is this my life???? FINALLY....








8 comments:

  1. Woot!!! Congrats on all of that -- fantastic! The cooking show sounds so cool. Aloooha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally have butterflies in my stomach for you over all of this excitement, my love! Reading it all together in a few paragraphs... it's astounding! And you deserve every bit of it! I. Am. STOKED! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really do have it ALL!!!!! I'm so excited for all your new projects, can't wait to see the fruits of your labour, good luck with everything, what a year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janice! I'm still enjoying your delish recipes! You inspire me.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations seems to pale in comparison to all the AWESOMESAUCE going on in your life. Yay Parker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marcia! I might just name my cooking show, Awesomesauce! FABULOUS! Love your positive energy, babe!

      Delete