Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 2 of 30 Day Challenge: *&^%$#

MOTHERFUCKER.  That's what came out of my mouth when I got on the scale this morning.  JP popped his head in, "Honey, did you call?"  

"I said MOTHERFUCKER!  Not Badmuthafucka!"

How could I have GAINED a pound since yesterday kicked off my clean eating and workouts??!  Muffy and Gutty were cackling as I got off the scale in a huff of frustration. WTF?!? When I started TAM Bootcamp back in January, I lost 4.2 pounds after the first day! 

Then my friend Jess put things in perspective, telling me that I had encountered "Gutty and Muffy's evil cousins, Greedy and Impatient."  Well said, my dear. TOUCHÉ

OK, enough of my moaning.  Let's talk food.  I made a culinary collage of leftovers with my steak from last night.  This morning I made a 1 egg/1 egg white omelet with 2oz of leftover steak, 1/4 cup of roasted corn and a sprinkle of mozzarella.  

Steak & Eggs, Baby!
 Lunch was the rest of the steak on top of romaine with the rest of the roasted corn, caramelized onions/mushroom medley, cucumbers, a few sliced almonds and the most flavorful dressing I've made in a while!  Thanks again to my girl Jess for the base of the recipe which I put my Parker Spin on...I think the title itself should convince all ya'll to make it!

No-Oil Smack Yo Cowboy's Mama It's So Good Smoky Maple BBQ Yogurt Dressing
1 single serving carton of Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 Tb worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 Tb maple syrup
1 Tb hot sauce or chili sauce

Steak Salad with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms, Corn and the Best Salad Dressing EVAH.
This was one of those days at work when I was wishing I was home in bed snugged up with the doggies watching a marathon of Say Yes To The Dress and Lifetime movies....I just felt tired, cranky and snacky.  SO much so, that I decided around 2pm that I needed a little 'pick me up' in the form of chipotle flavored gluten-free chips and liquid Satan Diet Coke.  I'd already snarfed down my ensalada del dia and my *yawn* blueberry snack.
Better than a candy bar...but notsogood.....
I've decided that sitting at a desk job is the Mistress' undoing.  SO much time sitting, taking calls for stories and editing on my desktop computer gives me waaaaay too much time to think about snacking and eating.  When I'm on the job for TV reporting-- it's gogogogogogogogo all day, and I rarely have time to even let the thought of a Chipotle Rice & Bean Snack Chip cross my mind!

With visions of snacky snacks in her head...
No joke, this this is the, uh, action pic that NPR snapped for my bio....Chasing down chips leads and following the trail of chocolate corruption. Yupper.

I got home and set my laptop up outside by the pool with old school Dance Cardio '08.  I love that sequence of dances and my white ass actually figured out the choreography after all these years!  I sweat buckets and really tried to "perform" the routines, as Tracy herself emphasizes.

Dinner was a total triumph.  Badmuthafucka picked up 2 rotisserie chickens from the store and I made a scrumptious peanut curry sauce with rice noodles.  Holy Shnikes, it was good.  I made up the recipe and I really suggest you make it-- it is seriously one of my faves that I've come up with:

Spicy Peanut Curry Sauce with Chicken over Rice Noodles with Sauteed Garlic Spinach

Peanut Curry Sauce
1 Tb canola or vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 heaping Tb red curry paste
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can coconut milk
1 Tb fresh ginger
1 chopped jalapeño
1 Tb soy sauce or Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
1 Tb Thai Chili sauce
1 Tb brown sugar
Juice from 1/2 a lime
Spring onions for garnish
Chopped chicken

In a large saucepan, saute minced garlic cloves in the oil for about a minute on med/high heat until they start to turn golden.  Add the heaping Tb of red curry paste and stir for another minute until fragrant.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until blended.  Simmer on medium low heat while you prepare noodles and spinach.  Add the chopped chicken last before you serve it.  (This would be a fabulous vegetarian dish as well!)

I tossed the rice noodles into boiling water and boiled for about 3-4 minutes.  They were the really thin ones, so it didn't take long to soften them.

Sauteed spinach
1/2 bag of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tb olive oil
pinch of sea salt

Sautee the minced garlic cloves in the olive oil until they start to turn golden.  Add fresh spinach leaves and stir until they begin to wilt.  Add salt and serve immediately.
******

Now, I'm just getting to my Meta MS work....ugh.  I'm tiiiiiiiiiiired.  But I'm going to finish this workout, damnit.  I did have my 2 glasses of wine, but I resisted seconds for dinner, so I'm doing well tonight.  Let's hope the scale is friendlier tomorrow.....

xxoo





2 comments:

  1. My first blog shoutout! Wow, Parker... You umm, popped my cherry with that. Was it as good for you as it was for me? ;) Dirty. As always, and forevermore.

    That salad looked so flippin' good! *caveman grunt* I love that you made the BBQ dressing your own (lord knows I don't have an actual recipe for it - I make it different every time!), and that you made it oil free! I wonder if you could combine the red pepper dressing with the BBQ one, cut the yogurt, and make an oil free, dairy free version? Hmmm. Scheming, I am. The wheels in the brain are a turnin'. I want your dinner from tonight to be in and around my face. Now.

    I have yet to learn any of the choreography on DC '08. I attempted the first dance and bombed. I know, practice practice. In slow mo'! I'm telling you, you need to record a dance cardio for dummies (or white girls) and break down those crazy ass combos for yo' TAM sistas!

    Hope your morning tomorrow begins without BMF thinking he's been summoned! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good for me girl....you need a cigarette? I know I do, lol!

      I'll have to think about combining the dressings-- that might be fab! You must learn the choreography on '08--if I can do it, anyone can!! I had that shit on slo-mo for months until I finally got it down. A couple years ago at my old apartment gym, I was doing the combos and this girl told me as I was walking out, "I just have to say, you are really a fantastic dancer!" Might be the best compliment of my life since I am not an intuitive dancer in ANY capacity!!!!

      Better morning this morning-- not much movement-- on the scale or otherwise, but I feel good, so cheers for that.

      xxoo

      Delete