Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge: Healthy Kickstart

Lovelies,

It's Day 1 of my 30 Day Challenge!  The scale was a harsh reality check this morning....I don't even want to say the number.  Oh fine.  Since you asked....

174.2

Laughing all the way to the mid-170's is Miss Muffin Top and her nasty ass sister Gutty McFatty.  Muffy and Gutty, if you're listening....THIS MEANS WAR.

I evicted you bitches once--- you fat ho-bags of chub better be outtahere in 30 days!!!!  I'm going to take pics every 10 days for another chance for you to say, thank God I'm not that chubby dramatic before and after.

I'm not sticking to one particular diet plan-- taking a few meals that I liked from the TAM Bootcamp Diet, a little bit from the Beauty Detox Solution and mixing and matching some of my own recipes.  The key for me is portion control and not drinking my weight in wine!  OK, so I had 2 glasses with dinner tonight, but atleast it wasn't a bottle.  Baby steps.

Here's what my meals looked like today:


Breakfast: Egg White Omelet with Spinach and Chickpeas

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad with Crunchy, Y ummy Stuff
As you know, I'm not a big fan of salad, unless you toss mine in a very naughty way  add lots of yummy, crunchy stuff.  Soooooo, I'm trying to incorporate my favorite things into la ensalada del dia.  (That's the "salad of the day" for all ya'll non-bilingual folks!)

Today's salad had grilled chicken, beets, cucumber, honey roasted almonds, roasted corn & jalapeños, and a no-oil red pepper dressing that I improvised and improved upon (IMHO) using Kimberly Snyder's Beauty Detox Solution's recipe as a base:

No-Oil Red Pepper Dressing
1 red pepper seeded and cored
1 small tomato
2 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon squeezed
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 grinds of black pepper
1 Tb apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp unpasteurized miso paste
2 Tb water

Blend all ingredients in a food processor and top on your salad. (This recipe made 2 large portions of dressing for me.)

Another fave-- and another recipe bastardized from the Beauty Detox Solution is a Creamy Avocado Dressing.  Here's my version:
1 ripe avocado
1 garlic clove
1tsp sea salt
1/2 lemon or lime squeezed
palmful of cilantro
1/2 jalapeño
1/2 cup water

Blend in food processor until smooth.  Add more water if you don't want the dressing as thick.  It's basically a guacamole dressing to drench your salad in.  Pretty awesome if you have to give up the dang nachos.

Back to the daily bread...(or lack thereof...)  Here's dinner:
Dinner: Rib Eye Steak with Roasted Broccoli, Mushrooms & Caramelized Onions
Badmuthafucka wanted steak tonight so I limited myself to a palm size portion with a bit more broccoli.  I roasted the broccoli at 400 degrees with a bit of olive and sea salt for about 25-30 minutes. So good!  I also caramelized onions and mushrooms with a tiny bit of butter, olive oil, a sprinkle of sugar, a splash of sherry and some balsamic vinegar for an hour.  Melt. In. Your. Mouth. Delish.

For my workout, 30 minutes of Level 3 of Meta Omni was a 50 minute ordeal.  My legs were B.U.R.N.I.N.G. and I had to keep stopping between, in the middle of and at the end of each sequence. FUCK.

I did 40 minutes of half-assed dance cardio while watching some C.S.I. in the background---- I was really tired and just couldn't get into it. (The workout or the show...)

Finally ended the workout with the appropriately named "Food Baby HIIT" workout by the Blogilates chick.  The good news, unlike my cardio attempt, is that I started sweating immediately.

Lots of girls on the FB TAM sites have been raving about HIIT workouts-- but many, for fear of "cheating on Tracy" *gasp* have been hesitant to do so.  Since T and I are not on speaking terms right now because of the customer service debacle, (ha!) I figure that now is the time to cheat... I mean, the Blogilates girl is cute!  Asian Persuasion, baby.

I'm heading to bed with a steak and wine food baby.....hey, atleast I got the damn workout in and didn't go back for seconds on food, (or a third glass of wine!)

Progress, right?  Check out the HIIT workout below.

xxoo

5 comments:

  1. Gutty and Muffy, you bitches betta recognize... You are on your way OUT. Permanent eviction, slores! And Parker, your day one (even with sluggish cardio) sounds like a huge success! Just keep changing it up as you feel like your body needs to. No more stuck in a rut gut! So proud of you for controlling your portions at the toughest meal to do it, especially in the face of such meaty and delicious temptation... we know if you cooked it, it was delicious!

    I am totally gonna make that guacamole dressing. Yuuum! La fiesta en mi boca is gonna be ON. (I only took 2 years of Spanish, boo. The Latin that followed hasn't been as useful... Hmmm.)

    Don't let yourself get discouraged this month. There's no such thing as perfection. But every good choice we make is a bad one we avoided. Stay focused on the positives, because you create plenty of them for yourself! Keep up the good work, beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GURL, you ain't lyin'!

      Permanent eviction, indeed! I made your BBQ yogurt dressing for today's salad...DESCRUMPTIOUS! Thanks for sending positive vibes my way-- I need them! xxoo

      Delete
  2. Parker, that breakfast looks so amazing, yum.
    I can't believe you did mat, cardio and the above mad workout. You totally coulda had a third glass-o-wine.
    Well done and good luck on the next 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shan-- the scale didn't appreciate it this morning since I was UP one pound....*GRUMP*POUT*FIST SLAM INTO DESK!

      Hopefully things will balance out soon....Muffy and Gutty are SO outtahere! xxoo

      Delete
  3. I want to see both of you in Hawaii next summer!!! It's fate, I swear! Now we just need to save up some serious cash :/

    ReplyDelete