Monday, July 23, 2012

Update: To Diet or Not...


There's a reason the word DIE is part of DIET.  Nothing about dieting makes me feel very ALIVE or WELL.  It's why I am an abominable failure at doing it.

Mistress of Extremes, here, can manage to drink lemonade for 17 days, but can't stick to an actual diet plan without veering off the rails and diving headfirst into a cheeseburger and a gallon of vino.

Since my last post, I've considered spending the next week on the HCG diet, going back to the Master Cleanse, eating nothing but hard boiled eggs and cottage cheese (hey-- it worked for me back in 2001!) or doing the Atkins Fat Blast. 

And then I realized that I've been so focused on the best diet and losing weight, that I haven't been actually been thinking about the job that's starting in ONE WEEK!  The job that is so critical for my career right now.... going back to TV and doing what I do best: Reporting.

All of this energy spent thinking about losing weight for the camera, I've stressed myself out, started grinding my teeth and have put on 3 more pounds!  Enough is enough.

I am not going to risk being distracted, delirious or daffy from some crazy crash diet for the loss of a little bit of weight that would most likely come right back after a real meal. I've thought long and hard, and it's just not worth it.  500 calories ain't gonna cut it.  And neither is a can of Slimfast.  I need FUEL to be the best possible reporter I can be.  Because, I know better than anyone, that what you're feeling on the inside is immediately projected to your audience.

So, instead of a crash diet, I'm doing my best to go back to basics:  Lean protein, low carbs, low sugar.  Keep up with Meta and cardio.  Get enough sleep.  Somehow I think that once I take the focus OFF the weight, the weight will do just that....come OFF.

And instead of letting my nerves get the best of me, I'm trying to remember THIS CHICK.... (you HAVE to watch the video!)

The one who wore a bikini over her clothes and did a cannonball into a pool of Navy Seals in training on live television!  That's the girl that I want to channel when I'm reporting about Olympic swimmers, YO!  (Well, maybe without the goggles....)

Nice GOGGLES.


xxoo






6 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to hear this! You are gorgeous, funny and articulate. You will be great and those pounds will come off and stay off this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just getting to the comments now, Jess! Thank you for your sweet words...I agree! I just wish you could be my trainer! xxoo

      Delete
  2. Parker! This sounds like the very same advice you'd given me weeks ago. I am glad that it's now resonating with you. Give it your all and you'll be radiant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay resounding, Shan!

      Thanks for the reminder--- I am taking your advice and rocking the radiance! xxoo

      Delete
  3. I was greatly interested with what you have shared and posted with us. Thanks for this anyway.

    Pilates Classes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Kate! I've decided to go about it the healthy way, no crazy diets or nutty methods...just slow and steady. It's better in the long run, right?

      Delete