Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beauty Detox Solution? I need a craving solution.

Lovelies,

I've been eating cleaner than I have in my entire life, but my weight is creeping up again and I'm trying to nip it in the ass before it heads to my ass.  This is exceedingly frustrating for me, because I simply don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I went vegan for a week and gained 5 pounds!  I ate a steak and lost 2.  I simply don't know what end is up when it comes to my metabolism and the way I'm processing food.  I have cut out almost all allergy inducing foods-- from corn to pork to dairy, gluten and soy.  I'm working out 5-6 days a week, usually for an hour or more.  WTF????!!!!

I just bought Kimberly Snyder's The Beauty Detox Solution which is the must-have among celebs like Fergie and Drew Barrymore for her ingenious "Glowing Green Smoothie," which is pretty darn good.  Here's the recipe:

1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
Handful of spinach
1 apple (cored)
1 pear (cored)
1 banana
3-4 stalks of celery
juice of half a lemon
1 1/2 cup water

Mix water in blender with romaine and spinach until smooth and add the rest of the ingredients.  This is what mine looked like:


Since I've been drinking green juice in the morning, I figure this will be a more substantial and filling way to start my day.  There are 3 stages to the Beauty Detox Solution-- Blossoming Beauty, Radiant Beauty and True Beauty.  The basic tenets are the same on all levels-- no dairy, gluten, and limited intake of animal based proteins.

JP, aka Juice Pimp is now officially a HEALTHY badmuthafucka.  Although, I'm afraid I may have created a monster.  We were out running errands yesterday, and I said, "Damn, this is one of those days I could go for a diner breakfast with eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausage!"  And he goes, "I am NOT putting that kind of crap in my body!"  Alrightythen...

And that's the other thing.....since my incredibly healthy eating routine, my cravings have gone into overdrive.  I mean, I just feel like eating a fucking burger and fries right now.  It ain't right!

I am almost through the first 10 days of Meta Omni and I'm liking it a lot.  Now if the results would just hurry up and get here.

Being healthy is exhausting me.

7 comments:

  1. Oh honey, that's so frustrating! I hope if you can implement a lot of changes from the new book that it will make a big difference. Eating light to heavy made a HUGE difference for me. It's the first time I've been able to maintain my weight without exercise. Not that I'm proud of the no exercise part, but it's been nice not to be ballooning up even with the lack of it. I think a big part of the whole diet thing is changing it up to keep your body guessing, just like with exercise. So have your steak or diner meal or whatever once in awhile and throw your body for a loop a bit!

    My new favorite smoothie (for when the GGS sounds a bit blah) is spinach, spirulina, pear, banana, blueberry, and coconut water. Soooooo good!

    Thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess- I'll have to try that smoothie with the spirulina and coconut water...delish! I'm not sure what's going on with the body of mine, but I'll get to the "bottom" of it, one way or another! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hey Parker,

    I know what you mean about being healthy being exhausting - and there are sooo many different opinions out there of what being healthy means it gets so confusing. On the plan page, some girls have been reporting weight loss from beef - so maybe steak is a friendly food for you. Would you consider trying the plan again?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fashiongal! I'm pretty much adhering to the tenets of the Plan now, with very little inflammatory food on my menu, but still having issues. I think I need to return my mindset to more intuitive eating...instead of eating what I think I'm "supposed" to....I'd be happy if steak was a friendly food for me, though! HA! Thanks for writing...

      Delete
  3. I'm dealing with my cravings with liquids as well. I keep cubed cucumbers & spices in apple cider vinegar water in the frig, but I thicken it with guar gum, a fiber that fills you up with few calories. Also helps with the water quota, which I can't seem to push myself to consume. My stomach can't handle all fiber supplements but the (gluten free) gum seems to work. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dd--
      I would love for you to send me your exact recipe for the cucumber drink--- that sounds really interesting and refreshing! Email me: parkerwallacepr@gmail.com

      Thanks so much for commenting....xxoo

      Delete
  4. Hi Parker,

    The Beauty Detox is a great book and I've been trying to follow the main tenants of the eating plan but don't always get it 100%. I sometimes also have these cravings for junk food but I think it's because I have the personality that if you say something is off-limits, I want it! That said, I'm trying not to be too hard on myself and following the 80/20 rule. Good luck and keep us posted with progress.

    Bee

    ReplyDelete