Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Supplements for Better Health

Many of you have asked about my post-cleanse routine, and in addition to juicing and cutting out a number of allergy-inducing foods (soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, corn and pork), I have added some supplements to my daily routine. This is what I'm taking and why:

Co-enzyme Q 10: This is a metabolic stimulant that (allegedly) helps facilitate weight loss-- especially useful when you feel fatigued. 30 mg per day.

Lecithin: To utilize body fats and promote heart health. 1200 mg/day

Chromium Picolinate: To regulate blood sugar swings.  800 mcg per day.

L-Carnitine: To control blood sugar levels and boost metabolism. 1000 mg/day

B-Complex: To metabolize carbs and proteins.  50-100 mg per day.

Zinc: Studies have shown that women who've suffered from eating disorders have been deficient in zinc.  It is supposed to help with compulsive eating.  50 mg/day

Wheat Grass: I took this during the Master Cleanse to help suppress my appetite-- and found that it works!  It provides a great boost in energy, as well. 5000 mg/day

I've also been experimenting with raw/vegan recipes for the first time ever.  I tried this incredible recipe for "Chovocado Pudding" and Fell.  In.  Love.  It's GOOD.  Like, "I wanna rub this all over my body and think dirty thoughts," kind of good.  Oh yeah.  I added some cinnamon to make it a bit more like a Mexican Chocolate dessert.  OMG.  Major Yum.  This is what it looked like when I was all done with mixing and tasting, and tasting some more!

"Chovocado" Pudding
I am so grateful that JP has gotten on the "get healthy" train with me!  He has been waking up every morning and juicing for us--- my favorite so far is more vegetable based:  kale, carrots, zucchini, apple, pears, lemon, ginger and orange.  DELISH!  Badmuthafucka even has been going grocery shopping for me while I'm at work and stocking the fridge with fresh fruits and vegetables!

Fruit & Veggie Fridge!
(By the way, we have what we call "The Dengerator" for meat, etc... in our den!)

Workouts have been great this week...I've been alternating between Dance Cardio '08 and Bootcamp Cardio and doing the original Mat DVD almost every day-- (well, more like every OTHER day.)  I'm going to be staring the Hamelin D'Abell Method Challenge I starting June 1st.  If you want to join in check out my Mistress of the Method 10 Day Challenge on Facebook!

I'm also working on a cleanse of my own for all of you Lovelies and my Edible Heart personal chef clients.  It's going to involve eating raw throughout the day and lean protein/veggies at night.  There will be delicious juice recipes to start the day and decadent chocolate recipes for snacks and dessert!  More on that soon.....

xxoo









No comments:

Post a Comment